So we are nearing the end of the year and Christmas time. I know many don't want to be reminded, including myself, but perhaps for sanity's sake we should embrace and plan accordingly. I am a Mum of 2 girls 7 & 4, I have a very loving and supportive husband, a home based business, run a home based business networking group (lots of fun and great connections), helping the P & C of my daughters school to organise their Christmas Fair, casual teacher, Daughter, Sister, Aunt and friends to many. I have some great up and coming events friends visiting, Hen's Party, Wedding and of course the Christmas parties. So where am I going to fit in all these extra things for Christmas on my already full agenda? Sound Familiar?
Firstly, I can't change anything at the present time but I can make sure my mind is positive and helpful in achieving the best I can at the time. My biggest piece of advice is to chunk everything down to achievable tasks that will get you to the bigger picture. To be able to do this you need to set a time frame/date and work back from this.
A common goal most of us probably have at the moment is Christmas gift buying. It is something we need to do so let’s make it a fun task and not stressful.
Here are some tips:
1. Firstly, choose a date you want your shopping completed by.
2. Decide and write down everyone you need to buy gifts for.
3. As you see or think of ideas write them next to the person’s name. (I do this on my Iphone in notes, so I always have when I am shopping online or at markets)
4. Start reading your email newsletters from companies you have subscribed to.
Noosa Melting Moments Newsletter. Read Facebook Pages posts, search for businesses you like or have been recommended. These are all great ways to keep up to date, grab a bargain, get good ideas, Christmas events, and gift buying solutions.
5. Once you know what you want to buy, where can you get these items from and for the best value? You can then shop online on websites, Facebook pages, eBay, Made It, local shops, friends, family, local markets, and event days.
6. Feel happy and reward yourself for completing the task and achieving by the date you set. What might you do for yourself as your reward?
Good luck everyone and I hope these ideas help you achieve your goals and happiness.
Scent With Love
My name is Natasha and I am the owner & creator of Noosa Melting Moments.